History

History

Griffith Rubber Mills is, and always has been, a privately held family owned business.

The current stewards of the company have owned it since 1995 and it is a certified Woman Owned Business. Griffith Rubber Mills started as a roller and belt company in the early 1900's in the NW Industrial area of Portland, Oregon. It was started by Franklin T. Griffith who was a prominent businessman in the area. He ran it with his brother, Charles.

As time went on other product lines were added and the number of locations grew. The first expansion was to Eugene, Oregon in 1977. The 1980's saw further expansion and we currently operate multiple facilities in Indiana and Oregon. Howard Laney, who was the President at the time, was the driving force behind the growth.

Griffith continues to pay tribute to the hard work of all who have contributed to our overall success.

We honor them by dedicating ourselves to carry on the great tradition of Griffith Rubber. We owe it to those who came before us and those who will come after us.